|Battlefront Extreme (2.2) - File Description
| Tech: 9 |
Overall Rating: 9.2
I'm sure there are a number of you that've been looking forward to getting this for quite a while. Your wait is indeed over; this is version 2.2 (final) of ARC_Commander's sort've-but-not-really sides mod "Battlefront Extreme."
To start off with the praises - and it's not hard to find something good. This is a really nice job. It's a comprehensive overhaul of four different sides, no small task to be sure, whether or not they end up being fun to play. Which is, of course, not to say that they aren't, because ARC_Commander's second achievement is on par with his first, in that his new sides are, by-and-large, pretty darn fun.
The best upgrade from version 1.0, in my opinion, was the movement away from one or two extremely overpowering units per side (for example, the Dark Trooper in 1.0) to a more balanced-across-the-side unit setup. This makes for a much more fun experience when trying out the new sides. Of course, I would be neglectful should I forget to mention that a great deal of content was added from version 1.0, too.
It's nice to see BFX as a standalone era, too. While I certainly liked its original form, as it was, it was simply a sides mod and frankly, I've yet to see the sides mod that's so good it made me want to lose online compatibility or trade for the (usually-balanced) gameplay of the original sides. Thankfully, that choice is no longer an issue. With this version, BFX is fully compatible with online play as well as the Conversion Pack, so mod hunters out there won't have to pick and choose.
Some of the new content I noticed was pretty neat, too. I liked, in particular, the addition of a charge effect to the force powers. It's not a big change, but it does look pretty neat. One of the other "tech-y" things I appreciated was the addition of a deflect state to the various states of the melee combo (i.e. you deflect while attacking).
The complaints I could give are much fewer and further between, this time around. While I'm sure I could find a bug or two if I looked really hard, at a glance, the only issues I really found were sound issues. I noticed a weapon or two missing fire sounds, and then I noticed a bizarre issue where certain sounds seem to repeat very quickly over and over. Not sure what to make of that last one; I've never seen it before. Your experience may, of course, vary.
I also wasn't a huge fan of the changes made to space battles or the charged-up grenades, but that's just one man's opinion.
Anyway, definitely a good mod and definitely worth a download. With the files compressed, it's not a huge download, and I'm sure it'll be hours of fun for many people. Give it a shot!
| || || |
|Battlefront Extreme (2.2) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Battlefront Extreme (2.2) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Battlefront Extreme (2.2) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
BATTLEFRONT EXTREME 2.2 FINAL
This is the the final release of Battlefront Extreme. To install it, you must have installed the Unofficial Patch 1.3. Although it should not interfere with any older versions of BFX, I suggest that you uninstall them before installing this version, to avoid any potential problems.
Most of the changes:
- Instead of overwriting the game's normal modes, BFX is available as two separate eras - BFX CW and BFX GCW.
- Multiple modes. BFX Conquest, BFX Hero Assault, BFX Hero CTF, BFX Space Assault, BFX Space CTF. (No BFX CTF due to compatibility issues.)
- Online compatible. BFX works online now.
- German language support, and every other language is localized in English.
- Greatly reduced file size. The BFX 1.0 download weighed in at a hefty 379MB. This version is about 1/3 the size. Very little content has been cut, and a lot has been added. The main file size decreases are a result of hugely overhauling the internal structure of the mod, and removing unused files.
- Localizations. All units have proper names, as do the weapons.
- Awards have been restored. NOTE: Not the award weapons, just the ability to earn awards.
- Clone Wars mode is available on Hoth and Endor, and Galactic Civil War mode is available on Geonosis.
- The AI counts and reinforcements have been increased on maps according to their size. Hoth and Kashyyyk, for example, have about a hundred units on the field at any given time, and have much more reinforcements.
- Many new weapon models. New grenades, new rifles, new lightsaber hilts, etc.
- All weapons and lasers do more damage, and lasers travel faster.
- Higher-resolution skins. One example: if you've played BFX 1.0, go play Utapau CW in this version and notice the difference in the clones.
- Most weapons have visible recoil now, and weapons with ammo can also overheat after prolonged firing.
- The "Overheated!" message has been changed to "Energy Depleted!" so it doesn't look out of place on certain weapons.
- The bug that caused firing a buff to lock up all your weapons is gone.
- The AT-ST bug is gone.
- A few new grenade effects. Also, the grenades now have a small blinking light instead of glowing.
- Force push, force pull, melee attacks, and grenades can be charged for greater damage or area, and force powers have a charge-up effect.
- A few force powers have new effects.
- Every Jedi / Sith hero except Pilot Luke has four force powers. (Pilot Luke has Force Push and Pull, and 2 proton grenades)
- Non-Jedi heroes are now much more powerful.
- Jetpacks last much longer, but take a fair bit of time to recharge.
- New jetpack effects, that actually look like fire. (Or plasma, depending on the unit.)
- Most vehicle skins have been modified for increased contrast, sharpness, and movie-accurate colours.
- Several starfighters have shielding.
- Starfighters are about 20% faster.
- Starfighter missiles do more damage, it was weird to watch a starfighter take a hit from a full clip of missiles and survive. They also have a nice trail effect.
- Stealth blinks a lot less often, and lasts for 20 seconds before running out (assuming your stamina is full).
- Flamethrowers are now secondary weapons. Note: You have to hold down the secondary fire button to fire the flamethrower, you can't just press it.
- Jango Fett and the ARC Captain have dual pistols.
- New blaster impact effect. Looks pretty good.
- Vehicle missiles now cost ammo. Use a fusioncutter to replenish your vehicle's missiles.
- Lightsaber combos have been modified so that the hero deflects while attacking. Also, deflect drains on a per-shot basis now, as opposed to draining energy over time. Blue lightsabers are a little darker in colour, too.
- Stamina has been changed so that it restores a good deal less quickly, and is consumed at a lower rate, so you can sprint for longer.
- Droids run a little slower than in BFX 1.0, for balancing purposes.
- The Support class (8 points) has been replaced with the Assault class. It's a stronger version of the standard soldier, with more health, a rifle instead of a carbine, a commando pistol instead of a standard one, and more grenades.
- The orbital strike ability has been removed from the binoculars. It was unbalanced, not to mention quite abnormal on indoor maps. A few recon units have orbital strike beacons that can be placed like a timebomb.
- Many units have been modified or added - the Novatrooper, the Rebel Commando, the Covert Ops trooper, the Twilek Spy, etc.
- Kit Fisto has been removed. The old skin looked very unprofessional, and the Conversion Pack model will not be released.
- Boba and Jango Fett's flamethrower animation will stop playing after firing the flamethrower for a little while.
- Repeated use of the orbital strike can crash your game, but this doesn't always happen. There is a bug in the game itself that causes this, which is probably why an orbital strike was omitted from the original SWBF2, yet appeared in both SWBF1 and Renegade Squadron. Long story short, I can't fix it.
- You have to hold down the secondary fire button to fire the flamethrower, you can't just press it. It's either this or no animation.
- Stealth has no HUD icon.
- Dual pistols don't have a muzzle flash.
- Syth for several assets + original inspiration 1+ years ago
- DarthD.U.C.K. for improved knife, grenade models, snowtrooper pack, assassin blades, Starkiller anims, fixed royal guard, and dual pistols
- RepSharpshooter for SWBF2 1.2 assets, 501st skin, caped clones, HUD icons, new ingame.lvl, and hex-editing help
- Maveritchell for converting saber hilts and dual-wielding animations
- Aman/Pinguin for the clone assassin and translating into German
- AceMastermind for OOM droids, Grievous cape, weapon models
- Darth_Z13 for JKA model conversions
- [RDH]Zerted for new shell.lvl and core.lvl
- ]v[ for +123 assets
- Teancum for some clone skins, Conversion Pack assets, and CP scripts
- Conversion Pack people for CP assets
- Megatron for beta-testing
- Dragonum and JawaKiller for assets from ML-Kashyyyk
- The_Emperor for Weequay skin
- Broken_Hope for saber hilts
- Commander Fordo for some clone skins
- Satti for shadow stormtrooper skin
- Taivyx for force pike
- L5R for knife
- Wazmol69 for assets
- Caleb1117 for models
- Droideka88 for some skins
- Pahricida for DC-15A
- OOM-9 for DC-15S carbine
- Dragon93 for Shadow Trooper
- Majin Revan for Clone Commando
- Dragonum for DC-15s pistol
- NeoMarz for DC-17m and JKA sniper rifle
- FragMe for converting models
- MasterSaitek009 for melee attack ODFs
- JabbaLovesLava and Delta_57_Dash for disruptor rifle
- Qdin for Commander Cody
- Pandemic for the SWBF2 assets
- Gametoast for beta-testing, support, and a modding education
|Battlefront Extreme (2.2) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Star Wars Battlefront Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 391 | Last comment: 04-05-2014 at 11:27
Click the symbol to expand all comments (view full comments)
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!