|Earth: Pioneer Trails (Sunny) (1.0a) - File Description
| Description: |
"Earth: Pioneer Trails," by Marth8880, is a Earth-like map, scratch that, Earth map set on the planet Earth which is a planet covered with multiple biomes! Shock!
This particular window into our fair home peers into a temperate forest that looks a lot like Endor. There's a lake, and surrounding that lake is a bunch of grass and trees (as forests are wont to have), and in that forest are several Star Wars factions who apparently felt the need to take their fight to a galaxy quite near to us.
It's a first map, and it has really none of the hang-ups that usually plague first maps, which is a giant plus. For what the map is, it is well-put-together and without a whole lot of error. The one issue I do see is that it's not a tremendously exciting map - it's pretty big, and so there is some running to be done (there are admittedly vehicles, but there are never enough for everybody), and for the most part it is simply running in circles around the lake. I'll also cop to feeling that it is simply not a fantastic enough setting - the objective may be to look like the woods near someone's house, but that's not really a place I'd care to voyage to when I'm playing a sci-fi/fantasy shooter - I want to go to somewhere that looks markedly different than the trees and grass I see all the time.
In any case, it is a competently-enough-created map, and the author has demonstrated that he's got the hang of the tools well enough. It's not a great map, but it is a great start, so if you like what you see, go ahead and give the map a try.
| || || |
|Earth: Pioneer Trails (Sunny) (1.0a) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Earth: Pioneer Trails (Sunny) (1.0a) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Earth: Pioneer Trails (Sunny) (1.0a) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
TITLE: Earth: Pioneer Trails (Sunny) v1.0a
AUTHORS: Aaron Gilbert (Marth8880) & <name hidden> (Redwiz)
RELEASED: May 22, 2011
RELEASE TYPE: Map
***Please note that this is my first map ever created or released***
1. Extract "PIO.7z"
2. Cut and paste "PIO" into "Star Wars Battlefront IIGamedataaddon"
3. Launch Star Wars Battlefront II and play Pioneer Trails!
Based on a real park in my neighborhood, Pioneer Trails is a beautiful place that makes for an excellent battlefield with its abundance of trees, grassy hills, large pond and open battlefronts. I actually happen to live in the same neighborhood as this park and it is a 5-10 minute bike ride on the trails.
THIS MAP CURRENTLY FEATURES:
- Modified eras including the Clone Wars and Extended Civil War,
- A variety of objects such as trees, shrubs, turrets, barriers and grass,
- Custom sides and heroes,
- Vehicles (AAT, IFT-X, STAP, and more),
- Remarkably beautiful visuals,
- Ambient birdsong, and
- More included inside!
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT IN THE PIONEER TRAILS 'THRILL-OGY':
- New eras such as Dark Times, THEWULFMAN's Clone Wars era mod, and (maybe) Dark Space,
- Other battle modes such as Infiltration (TBA), CTF, and (possibly) Duck Hunt,
- Different map versions with custom game modes, different seasons, weather, etc., and
- The possibility of a campaign in one of the map's variations.
"YO DAWG I HERD YO LIKE EARTH SO I PUT AN EARTH MAP IN YO EARTH MAP SO YOU CAN UNEARTH EARTH MAPS ON EARTH"
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT IN THE EARTH SAGA:
- The rest of the PIONEER TRAILS 'THRILL-OGY',
- A space map in Earth's orbit alongside the International Space Station, and
- Possibly an interior map of the International Space Station - sort of like Tantive IV - to be bundled with the ISS space map release.
OTHER STUFF TO EXPECT:
- Mass Effect era mod, and
- Loss of THE GAME.
MAP/REAL PARK DIFFERENCES:
There are not very many differences between this map and the real park. For example, this map is located in a completely tree enclosed area whereas the real park can be viewed from a sidewalk in my neighborhood. In the real park, there are even some houses from which you can clearly see the park! Another difference is the trails: the trails in the real park are concrete, have bended turns and some have park exits. Trails in this map are dirt, lack smooth bending turns and have no park exits. One more difference is the objects. The real park has a small playground, tennis court and baseball diamond/soccer goals while the map has Kashyyyk/Mygeeto barriers and turrets.
- The water will appear transparent if your water settings are set to "low". Setting your water settings to "medium" or "high" will fix this. This is and always has been the same for any stock map.
- This map's water fountain has effects that are not able to be seen unless you are very close to it or if your weapon is zoomed in.
- Foliage will not appear to be "commonly seen" unless your view distance settings are set to over ~50.
- Locals have been removed due to a balancing issue.
- This map may crash if you try to load the Extended Civil War era; all you have to do is simply try and load the map again.
- Light bloom really enhances this map's visual quality; I'd highly suggest switching it on.
- In the Extended Civil War era, the AT-STs, AATs and STAPs do not have sounds.
- Karag Drakas is missing lightsaber sounds.
- The Clone Engineer's Arccaster is missing a firing sound.
- The ground texture in the lake, the path texture and the second grass texture have awkward cutoff points; this is a Zero Editor issue.
EVERYBODY WHO HAS HELPED ME ON GAMETOAST (in order):
- Nova Hawk
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Jesus Christ (no, I am not copying Maveritchell :D ),
- My parents for birthing me and putting up with me and my whacky antics,
- Pandemic Studios for Star Wars Battlefront II, its mod tools, and Zero Engine,
- Redwiz for providing ideas and relentless beta testing,
- Gametoast for providing help & support and for its huge wealth of knowledge & information,
- Skelltor for providing me with Fierfek's mapping tutorial,
- AQT: Extended Civil War era assets & sounds
- Sky_214: Jet Droid
- THEWULFMAN: HD droid skins (THEWULFMAN'S First Skinpack)
- EA711: Droid skins (I don't think I still use these, but still)
- Sattis: Clone Commander, Engineer & Jet Trooper camo skins (Sattis Complete Skinpack)
- RepSharpshooter: Clone Commander model
- CodaRez: Anti-Material Sniper Rifle model (Falaan Hyper Rifle)
- Deviss: Clone rifle & arccaster model (DEV'S Weapon Pack 1)
- Sky_214(?): Plasma Grenade
- General_Nate: Water fountain prop & effect
- BioWare / Electronic Arts: Legion VOs (Mass Effect 2)
- Pandemic Studios: Stock assets
- Anybody else who I may have forgotten
All assets have the minimum possible amount taken from licensed material, and do not impair sales of their respective games, nor do they misrepresent their respective copyright holders.
- Super Battle Droid voiceovers are copyright BioWare and Electronic Arts
- All other licensed assets are copyright Pandemic Studios and Lucasarts
THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II WAS DEVELOPED BY PANDEMIC STUDIOS AND PRODUCED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. PLEASE SUPPORT THE OFFICIAL RELEASE.
MASS EFFECT 2 WAS DEVELOPED BY BIOWARE AND PRODUCED BY ELECTRONIC ARTS. PLEASE SUPPORT THE OFFICIAL RELEASE.
THE STAR WARS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK IS COMPOSED BY JOHN WILLIAMS AND RECORDED AND PERFORMED BY THE LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA, LICENSED IN 1977, 1980, 1983, 1999, 2002, & 2005. PLEASE SUPPORT THE OFFICIAL RELEASE.
COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER UNDER SECTION 107 OF THE COPYRIGHT ACT 1976, ALLOWANCE IS MADE FOR "FAIR USE" FOR PURPOSES SUCH AS CRITICISM, COMMENT, NEWS REPORTING, TEACHING, SCHOLARSHIP, AND RESEARCH. FAIR USE IS A USE PERMITTED BY COPYRIGHT STATUTE THAT MIGHT OTHERWISE BE INFRINGING. NON-PROFIT, EDUCATIONAL OR PERSONAL USE TIPS THE BALANCE IN FAVOR OF FAIR USE.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL AARON GILBERT, GAMETOAST, OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, LICENSEES OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOST DATA, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE POSSESSION, USE, OR MALFUNCTION OF THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY, EVEN IF GAMETOAST OR A GAMETOAST AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU AGREE THAT THE LIABILITY OF GAMETOAST ARISING OUT OF ANY KIND OF LEGAL CLAIM (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU ORIGINALLY PAID FOR THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE. YOU AGREE TO WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO EQUITABLE RELIEF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJUNCTIVE RELIEF, TO ENFORCE THE TERMS HEREOF. THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY IN THIS AND OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THE ALLOCATION OF RISK HEREIN ARE AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES, WITHOUT WHICH GAMETOAST WOULD NOT HAVE ENTERED INTO THIS AGREEMENT. GAMETOAST'S PRICING REFLECTS THIS ALLOCATION OF RISK AND THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SPECIFIED HEREIN.
|Earth: Pioneer Trails (Sunny) (1.0a) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Star Wars Battlefront Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 5 | Last comment: 07-13-2011 at 01:25
Joined: September 4th, 2010
|I beta tested the map, and I agree with Mav 100%. |
Joined: March 4th, 2011
|the pictures look very nice and i really love maps with custom sides and many eras!!! |
but i cant download this map
it says page not found (that happens very often, since some months).
could you please post another download link?
From: (The Land of Jerks)
Joined: April 23rd, 2010
|red SBDs? cool. |
the second credit is very cute.
I see a lot of good men in the beta testers list, I will definately give this a try in the near future.
Joined: March 4th, 2011
|thanks for the link, a fantastic first map. |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!