|Geonosis - 1.1.4 (4.8) - File Description
| Tech: 6 |
Item Placement: 8
Overall Rating: 7.4
PvtParts "Geonosis" map is a large map in a similar vein to his earlier Naboo map - it's large and full of new sides aimed at being "canonical."
The "biggest" thing to notice about this map is going to be its size (ingame). It was made, I assume, to give a more accurate sense of scale than stock Geonosis maps. It makes good use of stock SWBF1/2 Geonosis props as well as some custom props to create a map that looks as much like Geonosis as any other one out there.
You can also see that a lot of effort was put into the sides. Care has been made to make sure that the units and vehicles are representative of the "real" thing, both visually and mechanically. For what it's worth, I think this is better done strictly visually, as the change to make the game "accurate to the movie" gameplay-wise isn't a whole lot of fun. It might be more fun if there were fewer units on the field, but with a large number of units like this, it just feels a lot like "spawn and die, spawn and die, spawn and die" - even as a Jedi.
The map is best played out using vehicles to get everywhere, as its size somewhat cripples the effectiveness of a single foot soldier on a global scale (again similar to his earlier Naboo map). There are a number of custom vehicles you can use to help you get around, although the most useful of which will probably be the Geonosian fighter.
Anyway, this is a well-designed map that - if you're a fan of "realism," Geonosis maps, or both - is definitely worth your while to check out. I'm not a huge fan of it in the "fun" department, although I can appreciate its visual design. Anyway, if it looks good, give it a download!
| || || |
|Geonosis - 1.1.4 (4.8) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Geonosis - 1.1.4 (4.8) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Geonosis - 1.1.4 (4.8) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
1.1.4 - Geonosis
1.1.4 - Geonosis depicts the aftermath of the Republic invasion of Geonosis, commonly known simply as the Battle of Geonosis.
Separatist forces are spread thin, fighting fiercly in a last ditch effort to escape the imposing Republic
fleet. Expect to see the full might of both sides in this battle, everything from Republic AT-TE's to Separatist
OG-9 Homing Spider Droids, orbital strikes called in by Clone Commanders to rapid laser-fire from the wrist of a hulking
B2 Super Battle Droid.
Gameplay begins as a massive battle with Republic troops pouring inwards from a forward CP and crashed Acclamator. Stranded in
the middle of the Battlefield lays a downed (LAAT/i) Gunship, serving as a small Republic CP in immediate need of reinforcement.
As the Separatist numbers begin to dwindle and the battlefield calms, it becomes a hunt to exterminate leftover pockets of
resistance. The map is designed to be movie accurate and thus favors greatly Republic forces. Expect an intense, albeit uphill battle
if you play Separatist.
Like always, just about every thing you see in my map is ehanced for gameplay and visual experience,
This will not play like stock Battlefront II, this does not feel like stock Battlefront II, this is /not/ stock Battlefront II.
Extract GEE to your addon folder
C:Program FilesLucasArtsStar Wars Battlefront IIGameDataaddon
1.1.4 - Geonosis has tons of new models (special thanks to Rekubot), completely revamped sides and effects, animated Acclamators landing
accross the Battlefield, new and accurate sounds and a vast landscape. Without the help of these people it wouldn't be anywhere near what it is now;
(please note this list is comprehensive, not all of it being map-specific)
Credit goes to (Alphabetized):
- AceMastermind - Lucrehulk-class Trade Fed ship model
- Big-Rich (actual name?) - Help with Fambaa's and their shields
- Challenger33 - Skin Pack
- DarthDeathRow - Anakin Sith skin
- Dragonum - DC-15s Sidearm Blaster, number of other models (venator/acclamator/rescuscant/munificient/IH etc)
- Dragon93 - Numerous skins including grapple droid and a number of clone legions
- Gogie - some very nice models (cis coreship!)
- Ipodzanyman - Blur and sun fx help
- Lord Bandu - A whole ton of movie-accurate sounds, and a number of models (palm tree, etc)
- Majin Revan - Much help, some files/resources, e5s sniper odf assistance
- MasterSaitek009 - Base odf setup for Force Freeze/Heal, Madclaw Wookiee framework, along with a number of other units, help with effects/anims
- Maveritchell - Help with lightning effects
- minilogoguy18 - Star Viper and N-1
- NeVaR - DC-15S Blaster Carbine
- Penguin - Technical help
- Psych0fred - N-1 sounds, N-1 cockpit model, framework for N-1 weapons odf's, much help with sound, and a number of other models (flash speeder etc) help with effects
- Qdin - DC-17m Weapons, Command/Sec/Pilot droid, numerous models (dead clone bodies)
- Rekubot - DH-17 Blaster Pistol Model, Gungan Booma Models, and Beta Testing, other models (lots of guns and stuff)
- RevanSithLord - Beta Testing
- Saturn_V - making a staff (Gungan Electropole)
- Syth - Skins (Talz Jedi)
- Taivyx - Blackhole Trooper skin
- Teancum - Much help, and getting things going (kaadu..commando)
- t551 - Gungan Energy Shield, few other models
- Vyse - Help with skinning (provided a reference file), and work on clone commando
- Wide_Boy - A number of models (bunkers/silo/wall/crates)
- YankFan1950 - help with effects/anims
- ]v[ - Numerous Units, including a scaled dark trooper and twiliek spy. Also gave me the framework and refreshed my memory, bringing the lightsaber wielding trooper from Ep V's concept art back to my attention
- -_- - Force Wave Power Framework (released with lost and found files, along with custom sabercolors)
- 00M-9 - DC-15S Blaster Carbine, Command/Sec/Pilot droid
And finally a special thanks to the Gametoast (www.gametoast.com) Modding Community for all the support and inspiration. Battlefront II was the first game
I every really modded, and I couldn'tve done it without them.
I quit modding Battlefront 2 quite a while back (for more reasons than I feel like explaining), but was
thinking the other day I ought to release my one 'secret' map that never made it out. Of all the maps I ever started,
finished, or released, this one is by far my favorite. I kept it under wraps because my original plan had a series of
maps (spanning Episode 1 and the beginning of Episode 2) coming out before it, and I planned to release them all in
chronological order. However, now that I am no longer making any of those maps, I figure I should go ahead
and upload this one for the community to enjoy.
The map is by no means complete, there are a number of tiny issues that would've prevented it from being
released, were I still a BFII modder (but since I don't see myself downloading the Mod Tools again...).
The map received NO multiplayer testing. My experience with BF2 multiplayer has been awful, I never play
it, and I never intend for any of my maps to be played in it. This is a singleplayer map. Also,
Battlefront 2's dated engine (oh look, there's one reason I quit..) will only allow a small amount
of particles on screen at once. And instead of hiding them logically (ie, showing closer particles and
hiding distant ones), particle effects will, at random, not appear.
However, when they do appear, I assure you you will like what you see. One of the things I totally redid
in my mods was the particles, everything from vehicle and ordnance explosions, various weapon surface-impacts
(watch your sniper's highly-concentrated energy beam dissipate as it ricochets of metal or rock), and even force
powers. And that leads me to the next totally new feature, the sides. All units are totally customized for
movie-accuracy. Every weapon will feel like it was pulled straight out of the Star Wars movies, and that means
gameplay will be much more intense, rather than the "arcade-ish" feel of the retail game. This includes vehicles,
which are now truly worth their weight on the battlefield. A single AT-TE can turn the tide of the battle,
and AAT's are now worthy of their name.
Point is, you will likely have to change your tactics on my maps. Things like cover and teamwork are all the more
Another note - weapons (specifically those of vehicles) are now much more powerful. They also have a
mathmatically determined (based off the weapon class) splash radius on explosion. So when you're cruising
along in an AAT, beware of your aim. The Energy-Shells, for instance, pack a punch - and you will find
yourself on the recieving end of this punch if you launch them off at your "feet".
I welcome any feedback on the map, not because I plan to improve it any further, but rather because I am curious
to see if all the time and effort little 14 year old me poured into this map back in '06 turned out something worthwhile.
And to close;
Nothing in this mod may be edited, reused, altered, or joined without my express permission. You can reach me through Gametoast.com
|Geonosis - 1.1.4 (4.8) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Star Wars Battlefront Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 29 | Last comment: 09-20-2011 at 17:24
Click the symbol to expand all comments (view full comments)
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!