Picture of the Month
» File Browser
» File Search
» Submit Files
» News Archive
» Submit News
Star Wars Battlefront 2
- Official Releases
Star Wars Battlefront
- Download the SDK!
» SWBF Forums
- SWBF General
- Modding & Editing
- Problems & Help
- Clans & Teams
» SWBF 2 Forums
- SWBF 2 General
- Modding & Editing
- Problems & Help
- Clans & Teams
» Submit PotD
» PotD Archive
» Latest Poll
» Apply To Volunteer
|Rhen Var Ruins (1.0) - File Description
| Description: |
TK432's "Rhen Var Ruins" is a simple Rhen-Var-esque (which of course makes sense, being set on Rhen Var) map. It's a first map for Battlefront II, and it looks, fortunately, not like a first map. (This is a first map, right?)
It looks like the author did a nice job of using stock Rhen Var assets to create a - if not very dissimilar to the stock maps - fitting addition to the planet of Rhen Var. I'd like to preface any further statements by making note of the fact that I did not get to play this map, as it will require Battlefront Extreme to be installed. I'm putting it up with only this cursory review, because it has been in our queue for too long and the author deserves to have the file put up. (Apparently the site's issues have scared all the other staff away from the files.)
That being said, please make sure to leave some pertinent criticisms, comments, and praises for the author, so that he knows what to work on and how the map can improve. I look forward to seeing some sort of newer version (preferably without the requirement of a big mod) in the future, so that we can try it out and give it a proper review. My sincere apologies to the author for not having anything more in-depth to say. Please forgive me and know that I'd love to see more submissions in the future!
So go ahead and, if you like what you see in the screenshots, give it a download!
| || || |
|Rhen Var Ruins (1.0) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Rhen Var Ruins (1.0) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Rhen Var Ruins (1.0) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Hello this is my first map for Battlefront Rhen Var Ruins.
It takes place in, as the name already lets suggest und a ruined city on the planet Rhen Var.
Please leave a comment with bugs or so
I'm not sure if this works without BFX
Installation: As always add RRF into Addon folder
Have fun playing!
- ARC_Commander and his helpers for Sides
(- Syth for several assets + original inspiration 1+ years ago
- DarthD.U.C.K. for improved knife, grenade models, snowtrooper pack, assassin blades, Starkiller anims, fixed royal guard, and dual pistols
- RepSharpshooter for SWBF2 1.2 assets, 501st skin, caped clones, HUD icons, new ingame.lvl, and hex-editing help
- Maveritchell for converting saber hilts and dual-wielding animations
- Aman/Pinguin for the clone assassin and translating into German
- AceMastermind for OOM droids, Grievous cape, weapon models
- Darth_Z13 for JKA model conversions
- [RDH]Zerted for new shell.lvl and core.lvl
- ]v[ for +123 assets
- Teancum for some clone skins, Conversion Pack assets, and CP scripts
- Conversion Pack people for CP assets
- Megatron for beta-testing
- Dragonum and JawaKiller for assets from ML-Kashyyyk
- The_Emperor for Weequay skin
- Broken_Hope for saber hilts
- Commander Fordo for some clone skins
- Satti for shadow stormtrooper skin
- Taivyx for force pike
- L5R for knife
- Wazmol69 for assets
- Caleb1117 for models
- Droideka88 for some skins
- Pahricida for DC-15A
- OOM-9 for DC-15S carbine
- Dragon93 for Shadow Trooper
- Majin Revan for Clone Commando
- Dragonum for DC-15s pistol
- NeoMarz for DC-17m and JKA sniper rifle
- FragMe for converting models
- MasterSaitek009 for melee attack ODFs
- JabbaLovesLava and Delta_57_Dash for disruptor rifle
- Qdin for Commander Cody
- Pandemic for the SWBF2 assets
- Gametoast for beta-testing, support, and a modding education)
|Rhen Var Ruins (1.0) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Star Wars Battlefront Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 11 | Last comment: 02-22-2011 at 19:24
Joined: February 4th, 2009
|i take it this is your first map, its so-so 4.5/10 |
From: (San Diego, California)
Joined: June 23rd, 2009
|how do u take screenies if u have free camera on esc menu??? |
Joined: February 11th, 2009
|you press the print screen button on your keyboard and then paste it in as a pic |
From: (Kamino, Cloning grounds)
Joined: September 15th, 2007
|I love this Well done! And i like the use of BFX |
Joined: May 16th, 2008
|@ #2 u can also press scroll lock and s if u got xfire. looks pretty nice, but all the greyness looks a bit bleak. and bfx...meh, but looks good, well done |
Joined: November 7th, 2008
|really good |
7 of 10 Points
Joined: June 13th, 2009
|TK is working on a huge mappack on Gametoast, I really think he is a awesome mod-mapper. A absolute 10/10. |
Joined: March 22nd, 2009
|I have done a review of this map on GT and I think it was good about 8/10 and he said he would make a version with the stock sides |
Joined: September 30th, 2008
|this is a eraly version of the map that i uploaded before i even thought about a map pack, so see this as teaser or something like that |
From: (no one needs to know:P)
Joined: June 19th, 2010
|nice map |
Joined: February 22nd, 2011
|really good map |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!