Picture of the Month
» File Browser
» File Search
» Submit Files
» News Archive
» Submit News
Star Wars Battlefront 2
- Official Releases
Star Wars Battlefront
- Download the SDK!
» SWBF Forums
- SWBF General
- Modding & Editing
- Problems & Help
- Clans & Teams
» SWBF 2 Forums
- SWBF 2 General
- Modding & Editing
- Problems & Help
- Clans & Teams
» Submit PotD
» PotD Archive
» Latest Poll
» Apply To Volunteer
| || || |
|TEC Mod (1.0) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|TEC Mod (1.0) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|TEC Mod (1.0) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Tactical Enhanced Combat Mod 1.0
IV Details - What does this mod?
V Known Bugs
With this mod I tried to make Ground combat in Battlefront II more
intense and thrilling as well as more challenging and interesting.
Furthermore I wanted to change the ego-shooter into a tactic-shooter.
First backup following files:
- Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Data\_lvl_pc\mission.lvl
- Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Data\_lvl_pc\side\all.lvl
- Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Data\_lvl_pc\side\cis.lvl
- Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Data\_lvl_pc\side\ewk.lvl
- Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Data\_lvl_pc\side\gam.lvl
- Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Data\_lvl_pc\side\imp.lvl
- Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Data\_lvl_pc\side\impshell.lvl
- Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Data\_lvl_pc\side\jed.lvl
- Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Data\_lvl_pc\side\rep.lvl
- Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Data\_lvl_pc\side\wok.lvl
After that extract the "mission.lvl" file from the "TEC-Mod_1.7z" archive into you "Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Data\_lvl_pc\" folder - extract any other file from the archive into your "Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Data\_lvl_pc\side\" folder.
To uninstall simply delete the files you extracted before and reactivate
Be aware that this mod will need 873MB when it is extracted.
This mod should work with any version of Star Wars Battlefront II. It
should also work on every usermade map, that doesn't change the sides.
It will not work properly on maps which do this.
It will not work properly with other hex- or side-mods.
IV Details - What does this mod?
General Gameplay Changes:
- You need far less hits to neutralize an enemy
- Firing while not using a scope is less accurate
- Firing while moving is far less accurate
- Added Recoil
- Starfighters got cockpits in 1st person
- More accurate names for weapons and equipment
- Diffrent Confrontations:
- Naboo, cw: Royal Guard vs Trade Federation
- Naboo, gcw: Royal Guard vs Empire
- Coruscant, cw: Republic vs Jedi Order
- Kamino, gcw: Empire vs Clone Rebels
- Mustafar, gcw: Empire vs CIS
- Riflemen: They are the backbone of any army. They got the simple task
to break hostile resistance and take command posts - they are usually
equipped with blaster carbines, blaster pistols and thermal detonators.
They also wear heavy body armor, which makes them slower but tougher.
- (Empire) Stormtroopers: They are equipped for brutal close-combat.
Stealth is not an option. Their Carbine is less precise than
others, but got a higher rate of fire and the possibilty to be
used as flamethrower in emergency situations. Their detonators can
not be thrown as far as usual dets but have a higher explosion
- (Alliance) Rebel Soldiers: They are more versatile than their
Imperial counterparts. Their Uniforms blend better with the
environment what makes them a hard to fight enemy and their
weaponary has neither strengthes nor weaknesses and is reliable
in any situation. They also carry concussion grenades so they are
even able to defend themselves against Imperial Armored Troops.
- (Republic) Clonestroopers: They carry additional emp-grenades to
be more effective against droids.
- (CIS) B-1 Battledroids: They have only light armor and inferior
weaponary - but their high speed and their ability to fire more
precisely while moving than anybody else make them a big thread to
- Heavy Infantry: These Soldiers have the task to take out enemy vehicles -
anywhere in any situation. They are equipped with Rocketlaunchers, blaster
pistols and thermal detonators. They also wear heavy body armor, which
makes them slower but tougher.
- (Empire) Heavy Stormtroopers: Their equipment is the most advanced
weaponary that can be found on the battlefield - they are a higher
thread to enemy infantry than most other heavy infantry.
- (Alliance) Rebel heavy Weapons Specialists: Though their equipment
is not as advanced as that of the imperial tankhunters it is still
more effective because their rocketlaunchers fire two rockets at
once. Furthermore they are equipped with remote controlled
explosives to engage Imperial Armory in close combat.
- (Republic) Heavy Clonetroopers: Their Rocketlauncher has a magazine
of 2 Rockets and they are equipped with timebombs to engage enemy
vehicles in close combat.
- (CIS) B-2 Super Battledroids: They are not really anti-tank units
but anti infantry as well. they are very slow but also very tough
and got an impressive amount of firepower. Their wrist blaster -
which has two modes of fire is a devistating anti-infantry weapon
while their wrist rockets also give them a good punch against
vehicles. They are most effective when combined with B-1 because
while the B-2 have enough firepower to strike a hole into the
enemy's defence the B-1 are fast enough to use these holes.
- Snipers: Their main task is to gather intelligence and to support
advancing infantry by taking out crucial parts of the enemy's defence over
long distances. They are equipped with sniper rifles, blaster pistols,
thermal detonators and reconnaissance droids. They wear light armor.
- (CIS) B-1 Sniperdroids: They where never designed as reconnaissance
units and do not use recon-droids.
- Engineers: They have many tasks to fullfill on the battlefield. They are
responsable for the defence by building defensive turrets, placing
autotrurrets and building mine fields; they repair their faction's droids
and vehicles to keep them ready for combat and they clear enemy minefields
since they are immune to mines. They are equipped with blaster rifles,
fusion cutters, auto-turrets and mines. They wear light armor.
- (CIS) Geonosian Engineer: He does not have the defensive eqipment
of the other factions, but he is able to launch some surprising
attacks since he can fly ofver short distances. Instead of a blaster
rifle he is armed with a sonic blaster.
- Officers: Their task is to lead the troops, to support them on the
battlefield und to keep them ready for combat. They wear light armor and can
give supllies to his men. Their Radar is more advanced than that of any other
- (Empire) Imperial Officer: He is armed with a grenadelauncher, a
commando pistol and is able to inspire wrath in his men so that they
do more dammage.
- (Alliance) Infiltrator: He has a cloak-set which makes him unvisable
and a desintigrator which lets enemies disappear. He can raise hope in
his man so that they might ignore their wounds.
- (Republic) Clone Commander: He is armed with a Rotary Blaster and a
blaster pistol. He can order his men to caution so that they'll take
- (CIS) Magnaguard: It is armed with a radioation grenadelauncher and a
bulldog rocketlauncher as well as a toxic gas that is highly dangerous
for human beings. In contrast to other officer units it is very heavily
- Special Units: Every faction got a special unit which fullfills the same task
as the riflemen - just better...
- (Empire) Dark Trooper: He got a Jump Pack that allows him to cover big
distances in a very short time. He is equipped with an arc caster that -
if you charge it - attacks several targets at once, a commando pistol
and thermal detonators. He also wears heavy body armor, which makes him
slower but tougher.
- (Alliance) Wookiee-Warrior: He is equipped with an wookie-bowcaster that
fires either several bolts at once or a single bolt with higher power.
He also wears very heavy body armor, which makes him slower but far
- (Republic) Jet Trooper: He uses a jet pack to hover and is very mobile.
His EMP-Rocketlauncher gives him a serious amount of firepower. The light
commando carbine is a tricky emergency weapon because it overheats almost
imediatly when used wrong. He wears heavy body armor which makes him
tougher but slower.
- (CIS) Droideka: It's wheel form allows this droid to move quite fast -
but it should be ready for combat before it can be seen by it's enemies.
Otherwise they will very likely blow it up before the shield is set up.
When the shield is ready the most dangerous enemies are emp-weapons.
- Marines: They are exactly like riflemen but the blaster pistol was exchanged by a
rocketlauncher. They are responsible for boarding enemy capital ships or destroy
enemy boarding parties.
- Pilots were unchanged.
Changes in equipment:
- Blaster Carbine: It's the blaster rifle from the unmodded game.
- Blaster Rifle: It has a very low rate of fire and a smaller clip than the carbine,
but a single bolt does more dammage.
- Light Carbine: It's like a blaster pistol, but has full automatic fire.
- Light Commando Carbine: It's like a commando pistol, but got full auto. It
overheats realy fast if used wrong.
- EMP-Weapons: Their explosions are highly dangerous for droids and shields - but
living beings can be killed by them either.
- Concussion Grenades: They can't be thrown very far and are not very dangerous for
infantry - but they'll stick to vehicles and will cause much dammage.
- Wrist Blaster has unlimited armor but may overheat.
Galactic Civil War:
- No more Rockets for TIEs
- TIEs' lasers were improved
- Replaced Theta-Class Shuttle by Sentinel-Class Landing Craft
- More accurate Uniforms depending on environment
- Rebel fighters are less agile
- Rebel fighters are better armored
- Rebel Ground Vehicles are weaker than Imperials'
- Diffrent Clone Legions on diffrent Planets
- Clones' blaster pistols were changed into light carbines
- CIS ignores the standart class system almost completely
- Droids are less precise than living character and can not use scope
- Droids get no malus on accuracy when moving
- Most droids move faster than living characters but they can not sprint
V Known Bugs
- The classes' names are not shown correctly
- Tantive IV Mission in the campaign crashes as soon as You are orderd to hunt
down the princess.
I am not responsable for any dammage caused by this files.
Do you have any critics, questions or suggestions? Send them at
If I shall improve this mod I'll need you oinion :)
I have to thank
- Alex533 for his Commander Gree Skin
- Icemember for is Shock Trooper skin, his white sniper skin, his utapau sniper skin and his Commander Baccara skin
- Commander Fordo for his Clone white skin (which I slightly modified), his red sniper skin and his Utapau Trooper Skin (which I slightly modified)
- Astute for explaining me how to solve some problems that occured
- Pandemic and Lucas Arts for creating this great game
- George Lucas for creating this even greater universe ;)
|TEC Mod (1.0) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Star Wars Battlefront Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 80 | Last comment: 05-01-2012 at 14:10
Click the symbol to expand all comments (view full comments)
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!