Picture of the Month
» File Browser
» File Search
» Submit Files
» News Archive
» Submit News
Star Wars Battlefront 2
- Official Releases
Star Wars Battlefront
- Download the SDK!
» SWBF Forums
- SWBF General
- Modding & Editing
- Problems & Help
- Clans & Teams
» SWBF 2 Forums
- SWBF 2 General
- Modding & Editing
- Problems & Help
- Clans & Teams
» Submit PotD
» PotD Archive
» Latest Poll
» Apply To Volunteer
SWBFFiles Map Contest #1 (Start!) - Site News
Posted by: Maveritchell on 11-21-2008 @ 19:48
This News Item has been viewed 5,402 times
Hey there SWBFFilers! Let's get down to the nitty-gritty.
This past week, we had a poll to let you guys choose what the theme for our upcoming mapping contest would be. Far-and-away, the top choice was an "urban" setting. So our theme for the contest will be swamps!
Just kidding, of course - "urban" will be our theme. But before we explain all that, let's get some basic rules.
- This map contest will feature the conquest gamemode only. Your contest submission must only have conquest selectable.
- Your map submission must be for Star Wars Battlefront II.
- You may not submit a map you started working on prior to today, Friday, November 21.
- Submissions must follow the theme. (Urban, details of what makes an "urban" map at the bottom of the post)
- A user may only make one anonymous submission (one map).
- Maps must use only the stock side .lvls - you cannot have a custom sides
folder in your map.
- Once a map has been submitted, you cannot reveal the author until the
contest is over. If you try to reveal the author, your entry will be
disqualified. (This means no posting of screenshots from "your" map, no telling anyone whose it is, nothing.)
- Users must submit in the following format (click for larger picture):
As shown above, your submission must meet these criteria:
- Your contest entry must be preceded by [CONTEST] in the title of the file.
- It must be submitted to the "Contest" file category.
- You must NOT include your name or a readme, except for installation
- Your name MUST be included in the file description only (the staff will see it
and delete it).
Once a file has been posted, it will be posted as an anonymous file and
downloadable to everyone. The map will recieve no review, merely an
overview of it and how to use it. Users will play through the contest
files, and at the end of the contest period, users will vote, using a
poll/polls to determine the most popular.
Once the contest period has passed, users will be free to RESUBMIT their
files under their own name and recieve a review and a rating.
So what is an "urban" map, exactly?
Here are some good examples of "urban" maps (by the contest's definition):
- Naboo: Theed (SWBF1/2)
- Mos Eisley (SWBF1/2)
- Cloud City (SWBF1)
- Coruscant City (by Rends, custom map)
- Coruscant Streets (by Rends, custom map)
- Italia (by Eddie, custom map)
There are a couple urban maps, as we define them, in the stock SWBF2 (Naboo: Theed and Mos Eisley). To be an urban map, a map must take place in a cityscape - among buildings and streets.
So how can I make an urban map?
Urban maps can require a lot of object or prop assets. While you are welcome to create your own or use stock SWBF1/2 assets, there are a number of other good sources of assets for these. Here are some of the best:
If you use any of these, you must give credit to the author of the assets - not doing so will get you disqualified.
All maps must be submitted no later than SUNDAY, DECEMBER 21. All maps must follow the submission rules as posted above or risk being disqualified. Any questions may be asked in the following comment thread, so that we can clear up the rules for anyone who needs help.
Now get busy! You've got one month.
11-22-2008 @ 08:19 - FileFront Network Insider #124 [With New Content]
11-21-2008 @ 14:20 - Weekly Poll Results - SWBFFiles Map Contest 1: Which map theme should the contes
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Star Wars Battlefront Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 58 | Last comment: 12-20-2008 at 06:44
Click the symbol to expand all comments (view full comments)
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!